So, funny story...
A few years ago, there was a girl in our ward taking orders for pears. When I went to pick up my order, they asked me how many boxes I ordered, which was hilarious to me, because they're 40 lb. boxes! Well, let's just say they were so tasty that I'm ordering 3 boxes this year-and if I could can fruit faster, I'd order more. Yes, I've become one of those people. Anyhow, I'm posting the info. below in case anyone is interested, too.
(Btw, the pears are pretty hard when delivered so I leave them on the counter for a week or so and then can them all when they ripen. It's a small window of time, but the result make it worth the canning insanity.)
Hi. Order your fresh, delicious Bartlett Pears from "thepearguy" this year? The Pears are from Rogue Valley, Oregon. Oregon’s famous Bartlett Pear Orchards! The pears will be picked during the day, loaded on a refrigerated truck and delivered as early as the next morning. The 40‐pound boxes include; US #1 to canning pear qualities, YUMMM, nothing less than 2 3/8 inches in diameter. Great for home canning. Fresh, delicious Bartlett Pears are .70 cents per pound, $28.00 for a 40 lb. box. Harvest season is somewhere between late August - early September. There will be a centralized location for delivery and may be more locations depending on how many orders are received. See Carrie's Facebook Group here. I take checks, credit cards or Paypal. I need your orders by Aug 1st. These pears are sold through “The Pear Guy”. Go to "thepearguy.com" for more info or email me (utah.carrie@thepearguy.com)

No comments:
Post a Comment